Level 2 qualifications in Awareness of Dementia/Dementia Care have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- develop their practical capability in skills to implement a person-centred approach to caring for individuals with dementia, including communication and interaction
- develop knowledge, understanding and skills in essential areas such as awareness of dementia, equality, diversity, inclusion and individual rights
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 vocationally-related qualification that is supported by Skills for Care and Development, the Sector Skills Council for the social care sector
- progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
- progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
Students will be assessed in their workplace by one of our tutors. (included in the course price)